2/25/2010

My love affair/Fall 2010 RTW

My hair currently smells like a mixture of this and this.

I have a love affair with Lush.

When I lived in Toronto, whenever I walked past the Lush store in the Eaton Centre (as it is right next to the Dundas subway station entrance) I would always take a deep whiff. It smelled amazing. Late last year I discovered that the Lush website accepts Paypal... and I ordered so much product. For days after I moved in my bathroom smelled like a Lush store, which was amazing.

I currently use the Squeaky Green Shampoo (link above) and the Jungle conditioner (also linked above). On my body I use the Ice Blue soap. At the end of the day I wash my face with the Herbalism skin cleanser, and then moisturize with Gorgeous (although I'm going to try out a less expensive moisturizer once this runs out because $85!? holy fuck!).

Basically, I'm a Lush junkie. I love the products, I love the smell, I love their commitment to charities and the environment (this is coming from someone who does not own plastic wrap or ziploc bags... and only RELUCTANTLY bought garbage bags last night).

Speaking of quirky segue into the next topic (in an attempt to condense two posts into one): Fashion Week! ... is over. I've been too busy cheering on Team Canada and moving into das Haus to pay much attention, however, over the next few days I'll be looking at the collections on Style.com and giving you, my lack of readers, my opinions. :)

Fall 2010 Ready to Wear:

And this is just what I've seen so far.

Vivienne Westwood Red Label: To be honest, at first I was kind of mleh about this collection, but these ensembles in particular stood out. I LOVE the giant heart belt, and off-the-shoulder dresses. I love how playful and relaxed the third outfit is (you can see the bottom on the shirt under the sparkly skirt!) and the model is totally loving it, too. Plus, chunky leg warmers? A trend after my own heart.


Betsey Johnson: I will always have a soft spot for Betsey Johnson, and this collection made me smile. :D Old West! Girls with mustaches! Male models in striped jail pajamas! I love the bird hat on the first girl (and would definitely wear one/need to make one, ASAP) and normally I feel ankle-length dresses are too old (I never hopped on the maxi dress trend) but I love the shape and pattern of the centre one- it takes that style and adds a bit of girly (in the cap sleeves) and punky (in the black & red stripes). Plus the bright red boots! heart heart. I'm definitely feeling the all-white suit on the third girl (cane, mustache and small dog included).


3.1 Phillip Lim: This collection had pretty colours, but nothing really stood out for me except the awesome sheer asymmetrical coverings that many of the models were wearing. Note to self: Find sheer fabric, hop on this trend for fall. Love!

I'm going to be going through the photos bit by bit and hopefully will cover most of my favourite designers in a short amount of time. :3

(all photos are from http://www.style.com/)

1 comment: